Cabinet Resolution No. 43 of 2018 on Supporting Special Needs (People of Determination) at Work – The new resolution defines special needs to include any permanent or temporary disability or deficiency whether physical, sensory, mental, communicative, educational or psychological to the extent that it reduces the ability of the individual by comparison to their non-disabled peers, and covers the following key areas of support for individuals with disabilities in the workplace:
- Equal treatment and opportunities, free from discrimination, including equal pay requirements;
- Providing a healthy and safe working environment free from abuse and harassment;
- Training opportunities according to the individual’s requirements;
- Adapting the work environment, performance assessments and learning opportunities according to the individual; and
- Restricting the ability for organizations to terminate an individual’s employment where such termination is due to the individual’s disability.