The Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare published in the Official Gazette Official Standard NOM-035-STPS-2018 (hereinafter “the NOM”) on psychosocial factors at work. The NOM sets forth the elements to identify, analyse and prevent psychosocial risk factors, as well as to promote a favourable organizational environment within the workplace.
From the NOM, the following main points may be highlighted:
- The NOM will apply to companies having fifteen or more employees.
- The Employer must set forth in writing, implement, maintain and disseminate throughout the workplace a psychosocial risk prevention policy that includes:
- The prevention of psychosocial risk factors.
- The prevention of workplace violence.
- The promotion of a favourable organizational environment.
- Employees are a key factor of this NOM: they must collaborate in order to have a favourable organizational environment and prevent any type of violence within the workplace.