Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Resolution No. 142906, dated 13.08.1441 H (May 2020), amends Article 27 of the implementing regulations to the Labour Law (last issued in January 2019).
The resolution amends Article 27 of the implementing regulations to the Labour Law to allow for part-time flexible working arrangements subject to certain restrictions and requirements, including:
- Maximum working hours apply for each establishment;
- Applicable to Saudi nationals only;
- The Ministry will specify which sectors can take hourly employees in this manner;
- Certain provisions of the Labour Law do not apply;
- GOSI contributions will apply according to GOSI rules;
- The employee will count towards Nitiqat providing minimum hours are met;
- Pay should be paid each month or as agreed between the parties;
- Employee have a right to refuse work;
- The contract must be for a fixed term.