Private sector establishments are required to adhere to these regulations. Requirements include (amongst others):
- non-discrimination between employees with regards to sex, age, performance of work, salaries for the same job position between men and women;
- compliance with the health and safety regulation at the workplace;
- providing adequate prayer rooms separate for men and women;
- providing offices and chairs for all the employees working at the workplace;
- establishing a regulation for work uniforms requirements in a manner that does not conflict with the provisions of Sharia’; and
- providing security guards at the workplace’s main entrances or electronic security system (CCTV) to ensure security of the employees.
For more information on these articles or any other issues involving labour and employment matters in Saudi Arabia, please contact Sara Khoja (Partner) of Clyde & Co at sara.Khoja@clydeco.ae or visit www.clydeco.com.
For more information please contact Joseph Granato, Communications Manager at L&E Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.