Law No. 17 of 2020 provides for the following
- For a national minimum wage to be prescribed by the Minister and reviewed once on an annual basis;
- The minimum wage will apply to all workers and domestic workers;
- Employers are required to pay the minimum wage and any salaries falling below the minimum wage are required to be adjusted in line with the minimum wage;
- Violating the minimum wage requirements may result in suspension of operations by the ministry;
- The comes into force the day after it’s publication.
For more information on these articles or any other issues involving labour and employment matters in Qatar, please contact Sara Khoja (Partner) of Clyde & Co at sara.Khoja@clydeco.ae or visit www.clydeco.com.
For more information please contact Joseph Granato, Communications Manager at L&E Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.