Resolution No. 92 of 2019 amends the Executive Regulations of the Law Regulating Entry and Exit of Expatriates and their Residence Issued under Resolution No. 25 of 2019. The new law facilitates the ability to obtain an entry visa for undertaking temporary work by foreign nationals.
Foreign nationals working within the private sector may obtain a temporary work entry visa subject to the following conditions:
- The work undertaken is for a maximum of six months;
- The applicant must complete and submit the pertinent application form together with a copy of a valid passport for the applicant;
- The applicant must pass the necessary medical test and provide fingerprinting;
- A copy of the employment contract must be provided; and
- A copy of the employer’s registration card must be provided.
For more information on these articles or any other issues involving labour and employment matters in Qatar, please contact Sara Khoja (Partner) of Clyde & Co at sara.Khoja@clydeco.ae or visit www.clydeco.com.