The Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS) publishes the Guidelines for the Operation of the Program Youngsters Building the Future (the Guidelines).
On January 10, 2019 the STPS published the Guidelines in the Official Gazette (DOF).
According to the Guidelines, the Program Youngsters Building the Future has as purpose to provide training opportunities to youngsters between 18 and 29 years old who are neither working nor studying.
The aid granted by the Program is the following:
- Training in the Work Centre.
- Scholarship of $3,600.00 MxCy monthly.
- Medical insurance which will cover the branches of accidents, illness, maternity and work hazard during their stance in the Program, which will be granted through the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS).
- Training Certificate.
This Program will cover the 32 federal entities, and has the following general objectives:
- Integrate young people in training at work, thus, equip them with tools for living better.
- Speed up the preparation of a reserve of young people for productive activities, in anticipation of stronger economic growth in the near future.
- Include the private sector in social responsibility for the development of production activities of young people.
For the Program’s operation, applicants shall fulfil the following requirements:
- Be 18 to 29 years old.
- Not studying or working.
- Go to the instances of the STPS for the delivery of information and documentation, as well as the filling of forms and questionnaires, or through the Digital Platform on the web page stps.gob.mx
- Signature of a letter of commitment in which the applicant accepts the Guidelines and other relevant provisions.
- Authorize the processing of his/her personal data.
Also, applicants must deliver the following documents:
- Unique Population Registry Code (CURP by its acronym in Spanish).
- Personal ID.
- Proof of address.
- As required, certificate of studies.
It is important to mention that, in terms of the Guidelines, the scholar will in no circumstance be considered an employee.
On the other hand, the requirements and documents that Work Centres must comply with are:
- Guarantee that the scholars are not subject to subcontracting.
- Observe that the training granted to scholars in no case replaces the Work Centre’s staff.
- Point out the Work Centre’s corporate scope.
- Document containing the legal name.
- Certificate of registration to the Federal Tax Register (RFC by its acronym in Spanish).
- ID of the Work Centre’s legal representative or attorney.
- Photographs outside the Work Centre’s.
For their enrolment in the Program, applicants must go to the STPS’s offices or it can be done by means of the Digital Platform in the web page jovenesconstruyendoelfuturo.stps.gob.mx. During the process of enrolment, they must deliver soft copy of the documents listed before. In case of doubt, the originals will be requested for comparison.
Afterwards, the applicant will fill in the necessary forms and questionnaires.
The Program will analyse the information in order to present to the applicant the training offers available among which s/he may choose. Once s/he made a choice, s/he will be informed about the requirements to apply for the scholarship.
The Program will notify the Work Centre within 10 business days and it will be provided with the applicant’s general information and the training profile s/he chose.
The formalization of entry into the Program is completed with the acceptance by the applicant, the commitment letter, as well as with the proof of enrolment which shall contain the date and time at which shall be present in the address of the Work Centre.
The programs will start in the 1st and 16th days of each month or its equivalent on the day after.
The scholar must be present at the Work Centre’s address on the date and time set in the proof of enrolment. The person appointed by the Work Centre to instruct, guide and evaluate the training activities in the Work Centre (the Guardian) will inform the scholars about their obligations under the program.
The Guardian and the scholar will adhere to the training and work plans.
Evaluation will be by the Guardian to the scholar and from the scholar to the guardian in a monthly basis and the results must be made of the Program’s knowledge.
The economic support will be delivered directly to the scholar by means of a bank card and will be deposited with the month. Scholarships may only be suspended upon the Work Centre’s express request with justified cause.
Once the training finishes, the Work Centre will issue the corresponding Training Certificate, which will be validated by the STPS. The Training Certificates will be delivered to those scholars who comply with the training program satisfactorily and go to the offices appointed by the STPS to provide all necessary information to close the Program.
The Program may conduct the physical supervision of the Work Centres that provide the training, in order to verify that it complies with the guidelines of the Program.
The scholar may request the change of Work Centre for one sole occasion, with justified cause which must be processed.
On its behalf, the Work Centre may request the removal of the scholar in the event of a noncompliance, incident or irregularity that implies the suspension of the scholarship having to inform the cause, which must be justified and communicated to the Program through the STPS’ offices.
In addition to the documents mentioned above, the Work Centres must deliver for their enrolments in the Program the following:
- The training program that corresponds to each training offer that it is willing to register, which must be 12 months long.
- The contact data of the person who will act as Guardian for each training plan.
The enrolments process for Work Centres will be formalized through the execution of the Framework Agreement and issuance of the electronic acknowledgment, which will contain:
- Registration folio.
- Name, denomination or legal name.
- Tax ID or CURP.
- Name and date of issuance.
- Digital chain.
- QR Code.
The companies participating in the Program may request the distinctive granted to recognize them as companies with social commitment.
Regarding scholars, the causes for their removal from the program will be the following:
- Provide false data or documents.
- Occur to the Work Centre while intoxicated or under the influence of psychoactive substances.
- Attempt against the Work Centre or its personnel.
- Any activity that involves obtaining the aids granted by the Program improperly.
- The Work Centre that fails to comply any of its obligations under the Program will not be able to register more training offers. In case that false data or documents were provided, the Work Centre will be sanctioned and will have to leave the Program definitely.
The incumbents may obtain all forms through the Digital Platform in the web page jovenesconstruyendoelfuturo.stps.gob.mx or in the offices appointed by the STPS.
In all cases, constructive denial will operate in the absence of answer from the authority regarding the procedures provided in the Guidelines.
The Program is one of the most ambitious strategic projects of the Federal Administration 2018—2026.