Law 128/2019, which entered into force on 3 November 2019, provides protections for people delivering goods on behalf of a third-party, using bicycles and/or motorcycles within the territorial limit of the city, by means of digital platforms (so called ‘riders’).
The law definitively frames the related working relationship within the context of hetero-organised collaborations and provides the following protections:
- the written form of the contract (required as burden of the existence of the contract);
- the right of the ‘riders’ to receive any information useful for the protection of their rights, interests and safety. The lack of such information is punishable by the payment of an indemnity, which must not be less than the remunerations received in the last year;
- the provision of a minimum granted remuneration;
- the obligation to pay an integrative indemnity for night shifts, holidays and work rendered under bad weather conditions;
- the ban on discrimination;
- the duty to be compliant with the GDPR’s data treatment guidelines; and
- the insurance protection against accidents at work and occupational illness.