Date: Wednesday, 8 April 2020 – 12 p.m EDT
COVID-19 and its economic fallout continue to confront employers with unprecedented challenges in managing workforce safety issues as well as reducing payroll costs as economic shutdowns take hold. In this webinar, attorneys from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico will discuss and field questions concerning the particular issues raised in employee-protective Latin America jurisdictions, such as:
- To what extent and under what conditions can employers implement temporary layoffs or salary reductions in response to government-imposed shutdowns or COVID-related loss of business?
- Can employers require employees to use statutory leaves during COVID-related shutdowns?
- Are any subsidies or special programs available to assist employees affected by COVID-related restructuring?
- What protections does the law provide employees who must self-quarantine, care for children during school closures, or who decline to work out of concern of being infected in the workplace?
- Can employers require temperature screening or other safety measures at the workplace without employee consent?
- Are redundancies prohibited? To what extent is COVID a valid ground for redundancy under local law?
We invite you to view the final presentation of this webinar by clicking on the icon below: