The scheme is aimed at foreign nationals with exceptional talent or professions in the field of medicine, engineering, science and the arts. Eligible applicants can apply for permanent residency, which will enable them to reside, work, study and sponsor their dependants in the country without the need to have in place a local sponsor. Details of the scheme are yet to be released
The new law which came into force on April 1, 2019 lists the exemptions for payment of the administrative fines detailed in Article 3 of UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 15 of 2017
Date: Wednesday 12 June 5 p.m. Central European Time (11 a.m. New York time)
Identifying key wage and hour risks confronting international retailers and strategies for compliance
- The webinar will feature a panel discussion among attorneys from United Kingdom, Canada, the United States and France with deep experience representing employers confronted with class action wage and hour cases and the myriad of issues arising from the unique scheduling demands of the retail industry as they collide with the growing push to ensure through local laws that employees receive sufficient time off and compensation.
- Jonathan Dye (Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti in Canada)
- Eric R. Magnus (Jackson Lewis in USA)
- Olivier Kress (Flichy Grangé in France)
- James Major (Clyde & Co in United Kingdom)
- Moderator: Rich Landau (Jackson Lewis in USA)
Date and time:
June 12, 2019 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm (CEST)
Even in the era of far-reaching international trade agreements and regional economic and political partnerships, the majority of laws and regulations governing the workplace are still determined by the individual countries where employees work.
Spanning 6 continents, L&E Global’s member firms are ideally situated to provide clients with pragmatic, commercial advice necessary to achieve their objectives. Our members work closely with corporate, legal, human resources departments and corporate executives across a variety of sectors and industries to address the strategic and tactical issues that arise in the workplace.
Discover the most important labour and employment rules, regulations and best practices specific to each jurisdiction, conveniently together in one place.
The Federal National (FNC) Council approves draft law regulating practice of medical profession
Dubai Healthcare City Authority has announced the introduction of a new licence
The UAE Cabinet approved long-term visa system for investors, entrepreneurs, specialized talents and researchers in the fields of science, knowledge and outstanding students
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship has announced that the amnesty scheme will be extended further until 31 December 2018.
The Cabinet of the United Arab Emirates announced new conditions for getting a long-term residence permits for innovators.