The new statutory minimum wage for unqualified workers thus amounts to EUR 2,089.75
Date: Wednesday 12 June 5 p.m. Central European Time (11 a.m. New York time)
Identifying key wage and hour risks confronting international retailers and strategies for compliance
- The webinar will feature a panel discussion among attorneys from United Kingdom, Canada, the United States and France with deep experience representing employers confronted with class action wage and hour cases and the myriad of issues arising from the unique scheduling demands of the retail industry as they collide with the growing push to ensure through local laws that employees receive sufficient time off and compensation.
- Jonathan Dye (Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti in Canada)
- Eric R. Magnus (Jackson Lewis in USA)
- Olivier Kress (Flichy Grangé in France)
- James Major (Clyde & Co in United Kingdom)
- Moderator: Rich Landau (Jackson Lewis in USA)
Date and time:
June 12, 2019 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm (CET)
The draft bill no. 7399 was unanimously adopted on March 27, 2019. Therefore, from now on, May 9 will be a public holiday (11 public holidays in total) and the vacation days to be granted to the employees will be increased to 26 days per year, up from 25 days previously
The draft bill no. 7324 aiming to establish time saving accounts in the private sector has been put to the Chamber of Deputies’ vote on March 12, 2019, and is expected to enter into force in due course
Luxembourg courts tend to grant additional and higher damage amounts to employees in case of moral harassment
Even in the era of far-reaching international trade agreements and regional economic and political partnerships, the majority of laws and regulations governing the workplace are still determined by the individual countries where employees work.
Spanning 6 continents, L&E Global’s member firms are ideally situated to provide clients with pragmatic, commercial advice necessary to achieve their objectives. Our members work closely with corporate, legal, human resources departments and corporate executives across a variety of sectors and industries to address the strategic and tactical issues that arise in the workplace.
Discover the most important labour and employment rules, regulations and best practices specific to each jurisdiction, conveniently together in one place.
The law dated 10 August 2018, published on 3 September 2018, introduces changes to the general election procedure for the staff delegation. This law enters into force on 1st February 2019
The law dated 1st August 2018 introduces a time saving account for the public sector. The law was published on 16 August 2018 and will enter into force on 1st October 2018
The law of 1st August 2018 has modified the amended law on complementary pension schemes of 8 June 1999 and will enter into force on 1st January 2019.