Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MHRE) Circular No. 4 of 2020, concerning the stability of the national workforce conditions in the private sector during the period implementation of precautionary measures to limit the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The circular restricts the ability to restructure UAE national workforce by requiring employers to undertake certain steps, including:
- Notifying the MHRE through “Tatween” of its desire to re-organise.
- Referring the matter to the committee established pursuant to Resolution No. 280 of 2020.
- Adopting alternative measures as discussed and proposed by the committee.
- Not proceeding with a restructure until alternative measures by the committee have been implemented, as agreed with the employee.
- Complying with Resolution No. 212 of 218 pertaining to recruitment and termination of UAE nationals in the private sector.
- Making use of any incentives / support mechanisms that are available by MHRE to ensure the stability of the UAE national workforce in the private sector.
For more information on these articles or any other issues involving labour and employment matters in the United Arab Emirates, please contact Rebecca Ford (Partner) at Clyde & Co at Rebecca.Ford@clydeco.ae or visit www.clydeco.com.
For more information please contact Joseph Granato, Communications Manager at L&E Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.