On 16 September, “Migración Colombia”, a Special Administrative Unit, issued Resolution 2223 through which the following services were gradually reactivated as of 21 September:
- Expedition of Foreign IDs and its duplicate.
- Foreign ID registration for both adults and minors.
- Issuance of migration movements certificates, safe conducts SC-1 and SC-2, special permits of permanence for the promotion of formalisation (PEPFF by its Spanish acronym), and special temporal permits to stay or change of activities.
To initiate any of those processes, prior appointment should be arranged on the Unit webpage. It is highly recommended to check the agenda availability on the first day of each month, as the capacity of the Unit is not at its maximum due to the social distancing rules running at the moment. In addition, the Unit has established a transitory period until 15 December, over which those with special and pendent procedures can resolve their immigration status.
In any case, the Unit established a 1-month period for those whose visa has expired, or had another issue over the Mandatory Isolation periods, to resolve their situation by obtaining safe conducts, in order to define their immigration status or leave the country. In any case, those circumstances will not be prosecuted by the Unit, as long as they are resolved during the 1-month period that expires on 21 October.
Finally, those who intend to enter the country, should bear in mind the following:
- Present a PCR COVID test with a NEGATIVE result for COVID-19 collected no more than ninety-six (96) hours before boarding and traveling to Colombia.
- Register on Check-Mig 24 hours before the flight (https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf).
- Download the Corona-app on their mobile device and report their health condition.
- Wear a mask covering nose and mouth during the whole flight and at the airport.
For additional information on any matter related to labor issues in Colombia, please contact Alejandro Castellanos (Partner) of López & Asociados at email@example.com or visit www.lopezasociados.net
For more information please contact Joseph Granato, Communications Manager at L&E Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.