As an action to mitigate the contagion of COVID-19 and respond to the red alert from hospitals in these cities, as of 5 April 2021, different mobility restrictions were created for citizens, among these:
- The so-called “4×3” model is applied, in which four days of the week work and economic activities are carried out with a night curfew and the following three days of the week, a continuous curfew is applied in which citizens must stay in their homes.
- Companies that provide e-commerce services and technological platforms (such as collaborative economy companies and deliveries), postal companies (in any of their modalities), courier companies, logistics operators and freight transport services can operate.
- The commercialisation of gastronomic establishments and premises, funeral services, burials, and cremations can operate normally.
- People can attend to matters of force majeure or extreme necessity, which must be accredited if the authority so requires.
- Chain stores and shopping centres can function in their entirety, if at least 50% of its areas or its commercial offer is of goods considered essential or of first necessity.
- People are allowed to enter public establishments according to the last digit of their ID and the date of the specified day.