The Chilean Government’s new law spotlights flexible working-time schedules and shifts. The main points are as follows:
- To allow working 45 weekly hours in no less than 4 days and no more than 6 consecutive days.
- To agree upon 180 hours per month.
- To allow overtime up to 12 hours per week or 48 hours per month.
- Employees should not be at the workplace more than 12 hours per day, including overtime and lunch rest.
- During children vacation, employees would be allowed to agree with the company to working from home or reducing the work time and salary.
- People performing through digital platforms would not be subject to labour laws, provided that some factual conditions apply.