Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Time: 9:00 – 10:30 am Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Navigating employee absenteeism and the duty to accommodate are not new challenges for employers. However, COVID-19 has brought about new and nuanced considerations that add an additional layer of complexity to these workplace issues. This seminar will address scenarios that employers continue to face amidst the ongoing pandemic, and will provide attendees with the knowledge and confidence to address them effectively.
Topics covered in this informative session will include:
- Disability and family status: when must employers accommodate employees remaining at home?
- Occupational health and safety: when must employers require employees to remain at home?
- Employment standards obligations: what leaves are available to employees?
- Access to information: what information and documentation are employers entitled to?
- Work Refusals: what steps can be taken when an employee refuses to return to work?
LSO CPD Hours: This program is eligible for up to 1.5 substantive hours.
You can register for the webinar clicking here and feel free to forward the invitation to any of your colleagues.