The current situation is very serious and the measures implemented have been granted as a short term response to this crisis, however they will need to be strengthened. In this regard, we continue to wait for further intervention by the Government in order to address the colossal layoffs that will follow the end of the dismissal ban.
Decrees, orders or guidelines in effect and pertaining to reopening facilities.
- Law no. 40/2020 (ratifying with some amendments Law Decree no. 23/2020);
- Law Decree no. 34/2020 (regarding economic measures to help with the reopening and measures supporting employees);
- Decree of the Prime Minister dated 17 May 2020 (regarding the reopening schedule and modalities, implementing Law Decree no. 33/2020);
- Law Decree no. 33/2020 (regarding the reopening schedule and modalities, and fines related to breaches of the mandatory provisions);
- Law Decree no. 23/2020 (temporary measures to support companies’ cash flow and provisions related to the employer’s liability in the event of contagion in the workplace); and
- Law Decree no. 18/2020 (regarding, above others, measures supporting employers and employees).
Optimal approach to keep track of the latest updates.
Please refer to the following websites:
- salute.gov.it (Health Ministry);
- lavoro.gov.it (Employment Ministry);
- gazzettaufficiale.it/dettaglioArea/12 (Official Law Journal, COVID-19 Thematic Area);
- inail.it (National Institute for Insurance against Accidents at Work); and
- linkedin.com/company/lablaw/ (see Document Section of LABLAW’s LinkedIn profile for guidance).