Requirements mandated by law or any official guidance.
Decree 459/2020 approved protocols by the Ministry of Health for the automotive and auto parts industry, electronics and household appliances, clothing, tobacco products, metallurgy, machinery and equipment, footwear, graphics, publishing and printing, wood and furniture, toys, cement, textile products, leather goods, tires, bicycles and motorcycles, chemicals and petrochemicals, cellulose and paper, plastics and by-products and ceramics. Decree 459/2020 also provided that each governor may establish specific protocols for each province and activity.
Measures typically implemented by employers and the associated legal risks, limitations, obligations and issues to consider.
Main recommendations in all protocols;
- gradually reinstate employees;
- maintain the safety distance (between 1.5 and 2 meters).
- control entry of employees and suppliers;
- provide elements and equipment for personal protection;
- adequately ventilate the establishment;
- continuously inform about safety measures and provide the appropriate training;
- do not share tools or utensils;
- do not hold in-person meetings;
- clean and sanitise frequently and on a regular basis (before, during and at the end of the work day);
- provide designated isolation areas for employees with symptoms of COVID-19;
- establish and inform an action plan in case of a suspicious case of COVID-19.