COVID-19 has confronted the world with challenges to public health and the economy, in a way few of us have ever experienced or even contemplated. When we published this guide in July 2020, we came to realise that the disruptions caused by COVID-19 were not confined to a single moment in time, but rather they remain an ongoing phenomenon, which will affect all of our lives well into 2021 and beyond. The workplace is in many ways, the epicenter of our battle to contain and defeat COVID-19, as we continually identify the most effective and current measures to protect employees, while also striving to maintain the enterprises which provide our livelihoods and generate the revenue to support the needs of our societies.
In this COVID-19: BACK TO WORK – Special Report, we compile the best information and guidance available from 28 major markets concerning the most important workplace law issues that you will encounter, as you reopen your business and seek to improve the safety of your operations: national emergency mandates and special programmes aiding affected businesses, health and safety measures, teleworking, managing COVID 19-related employee issues and cost reduction strategies. Perhaps most importantly, we identify local sources for you to consult in order to remain up-to-date, and set out best practices learned from the already robust experience many others have had in dealing with this crisis.
It is our privilege to provide this resource to you, and we hope you will refer to it often as you advise your employees, staff, colleagues, business partners, customers and clients. Please contact L&E Global or any of our member firms with any questions you may have.
Chairman of L&E Global
COVID-19: Back to Work – Special Report
Select a country from the list below
- Universal Best Practices for a Safe Return
- ArgentinaAllende & Brea
- AustraliaHarmers Workplace Lawyers
- BelgiumVan Olmen & Wynant
- BrazilTozziniFreire Advogados
- CanadaFilion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- ChileCariola Díez Pérez-Cotapos
- ChinaZhong Lun Law Firm
- ColombiaLópez & Asociados
- Czech RepublicHAVEL & PARTNERS
- FranceFlichy Grangé Avocats
- GermanyPusch Wahlig Workplace Law
- Hong KongZhong Lun Law Firm
- ItalyLABLAW - Studio Legale
- JapanAtsumi & Sakai
- LuxembourgKleyr | Grasso
- MexicoDe La Vega & Martinez Rojas S.C.
- The NetherlandsPalthe Oberman
- NorwayStoreng, Beck & Due Lund
- PolandSobczyk & Partners Law Firm
- PortugalMorais Leitão
- RomaniaMagda Volonciu & Asociatii
- SingaporeClyde & Co Clasis
- SpainSuárez de Vivero
- SwitzerlandHumbert Heinzen Lerch
- United KingdomClyde & Co LLP
- United States of AmericaJackson Lewis P.C.