The ten National Employment Standards (NES) form the foundation of Australia’s workplace relations system. This webinar explores the first five NES, and explains how they work in the real world. In this webinar you will learn:
- how the maximum ordinary working week is defined, and when overtime and penalty rates will apply;
- which employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, and what needs to be done when an eligible employee makes a request;
- how personal/carer’s leave works in practice, and when employees can take compassionate leave;
- the key differences between paid and unpaid parental leave, and the rights employees have when they take parental leave; and
- how annual leave accrues, and when and how it can be taken and cashed-out.