Below is the list of leave days that are now applicable.
Extraordinary leave days:
- “Paternity” leave in case of birth or adoption : 10 days (paid by the employer, 8 of which are refunded by the State) to take within 2 months after the birth or the adoption of the child
- Marriage of the employee : 3 days (instead of 6)
- 1 day for each parent in case of marriage or declaration of partnership of the child
- Partnership declaration of the employee : 1 day (instead of 6)
- Death of an underage child of the employee : 5 days (instead of 3)
- Move: 2 days in a period of 3 years with the same employer.
Leave for family reasons (i.e. if a child is sick): except for certain special cases or serious illnesses, leave is now granted by age group:
- 12 days for a child aged between 0 and less than 4 years old
- 18 days for a child aged between 4 and less than 13 years old
- 5 days for a hospitalized child aged between 13 and 18 years old.