A Practical Guide to Workplace HR Strategies on how to get the best out of your workforce and at the same time protect the company’s business.
- Subordinate employee versus Independent contractor
- Flexibility of the employment relationship
- Individual Dismissal
- Is poor performance a common ground for dismissal and how is it handled in your jurisdiction?
- Can an employee be fired for taking extended sick leave?
- Are economic reasons affecting the business, valid grounds for dismissal?
- Are dismissals based on discriminatory grounds common in your jurisdiction and is there a cap on the amount of damages a court can award?
- What are the remedies for unfair dismissal and is reinstatement one of them?
- When can a dismissal be considered unfair?
- What percentage of unfair dismissal claims is settled out of court and what is the going rate for settlement (1/2/3 years’ salary?)
- Roughly how long does a claim in first instance take from start to finish? Is it heard by a single judge (professional or lay?)
- Collective Redundancy
- Can you briefly describe the collective redundancy procedure in your country?
- Does it apply to all companies, regardless of size?
- What are the main risks an employer has to face?
- Does the law impose a set selection criteria to be applied?
- Privacy in relation to the employment relationship and in the context of social media
For more information, please contact L&E Global.