Authorizations for Foreign Employees in Saudi Arabia

Every employee must be registered with the Ministry of Labour and the General Organisation for Social Insurance (GOSI). If the employee is not a national of a Gulf Cooperation Council member state then they must also be registered with the Passport Office. These employees will need to be sponsored by the employer for work permit and residency visa purposes, with such sponsorship being employer-specific. In order to obtain sponsorship, employees must submit attested educational and professional qualifications and undergo medical examinations for contagious diseases. There are restrictions on an employee’s ability to move from one sponsor to another (i.e. to effectively move jobs) and various factors come into play including length of service and both the existing and new employer’s record with the Ministry of Labor, as well as the current employer’s consent to the move.

For more information, please contact L&E Global.
This information was contributed by Abdulaziz A. Al-Bosaily Law Office in association with Clyde & Co.
This entry was posted in Authorizations for Foreign Employees on .