Authorizations for Foreign Employees in Norway

As a general basis, foreign employees from outside the EEA/EFTA area, including self-employed individuals, must hold a residence permit that entails the right to work in Norway. There are different types of permits depending on whether someone is a skilled worker, an unskilled worker (such as seasonal workers and seafarers aboard foreign ships), a specialist, a student, a researcher, etc.

For more information on these articles or any other issues involving labour and employment matters in Norway, please contact Storeng, Beck & Due Lund (SBDL)
This entry was posted in Authorizations for Foreign Employees on and modified on .