Authorizations for Foreign Employees in Czech Republic

There are no specific rules related to the employment of European Union (“EU”) citizens.

Limitations are provided by the law with respect to non-EU citizens:

  1. non-EU citizens must obtain a work permit (through the relevant Labour Office) and a residence visa (through any Czech embassy or consulate abroad) for the purpose of employment before beginning work, or they must be holders of a Green Card, which comprises both a work permit and a residence visa. The Green Card may be obtained by foreigners who are citizens of countries listed by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
  2. non-EU citizens must obtain a short time visa (lasting up to 90 days) or a long time visa (lasting up to one year) at any Czech embassy or consulate abroad.
For more information, please contact L&E Global.
This information was contributed by Dominik Bruha Advokat.
This entry was posted in Authorizations for Foreign Employees on and modified on .